Risk Of Diet Lack In Fiber
Are you at risk? Find out the dreadful warning signs if you are at risk and protect your health. Is your diet lack fruits, vegetable, and whole grains? If you answer is yes, you may not getting all the fiber you need. This will increase your risk of having many kinds of illnesses like heart disease, cancer and even weight gain.
Though signs and symptoms of having poor fiber diet are not always clear, there are four warning signs for you to watch for:
1. Weight Gain
Fiber also known to contribute to satiety. Satiety is the mood of fullness you get after having a meal. Failure of experiencing this feeling it means that you are eating more than your body needs.
Prevention: Meet your recommended dietary goal of 25 to 35 grams of fiber a day by enjoying high fiber rich foods such as whole grains, fresh fruits, and seasonal vegetables. Choose fiber rich foods that suit your preferences for you to eat more.
2. Blood Sugar Fluctuations
If you are diabetes and experiencing blood sugar level irregularity talk to your doctor immediately because it may be a sign that you are not getting enough fiber.
Prevention: Increase intakes of high fiber foods, fiber delays absorption of sugar into the blood, try eating fresh beans, peas and brown rice. Discuss all the necessary changes on your diabete4s management plan with your doctor.
If your bowel movement is irregular or you are having 3 bowel movement a week and you are stool is are hard and dry, you are definitely constipated. Constipation is cause by lack of fiber in the diet, but too little exercise and certain medications and supplements are also one of the leading causes of constipation.
Prevention: Eating more fibrous food such as apples, carrots, raspberries, broccoli, and whole grains to your diet may help if your constipation is diet related. High fiber rich foods will help to form soft, bulky stools, and preventing and relieving you from constipation. Add fiber to your diet slowly so that your body will get use to it. Help yourself by drinking plenty of fluids and exercise for healthy lifestyle.
4. Diet-Related Nausea and Tiredness
High calorie diet rich in high protein foods like meat, eggs and cheese may lead to increase cholesterol level and leave you feel nauseous, tired and weak.
Prevention: Boost your diet with foods that are rich in dietary fiber together with vitamin and mineral-rich whole grains, vegetables and fruits your body needs, and forget about fatty foods.
Fiber a Powerful Disease Fighter
A diet rich in high fiber foods does not only help you feel satiated and supports your digestion, but it is a powerful defense on diseases. Fiber may reduce threat of having illnesses such as:
- Cardiovascular diseases: Studies prove that healthy diet low in saturated fatty acid and high in essential fiber can lower blood cholesterol level by 0.5% to 2% for every gram of high fiber eaten daily.
- Hemorrhoids: This kind of illness can be developing when you have difficulty in bowel movement. It is a swollen vein near the anus and the lower rectum, it can be prevented by a diet packed with high fiber foods and drinking plenty of fluid. This diet will soften the stool so that it can pass through the digestive system more smoothly. Consult your physician immediately if you have blood in your stool.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Nerves and muscle of the large intestine are very sensitive to certain foods. The symptoms of IBS are cramping, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. IBS has no treatment, medicines are only use to relieve pain, reduce stress. Avoiding foods that may trigger the symptoms such as fatty foods, carbonated drinks, and alcohol is very necessary. Diet with whole grains and other fiber rich foods can reduce IBS symptoms especially constipation by making the stool more soft and bulky.<!–wpads#InArticle–>
- Diabetes: Fiber is a powerful aid in the prevention of diabetes and helps in diabetes management. Reduce the risk of diabetes by 28% by eating foods that are rich in cereal fiber. Another research shows that a diet full of high sugar, low fiber may increase or more than double the risk of women having diabetes type 2.
- Cancer: Diet is related to the increase rate of cancer death individuals having cancer. Most research has shown that diet low in saturated fat and high in fiber rich foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains may reduce the risk of certain cancer, including those of the colon and rectum.
A diet with powerhouse nutrient like fiber can help out in weight management, relieve chronic condition, and avoid diseases.
Always remember to take fiber slowly into your diet and consult your doctors to guide you through you plans. Inserting fiber to your diet quickly can cause cramps, bloating, gas, and diarrhea. Prevent that trouble by adding a small number of fibers in your diet and increase it gradually. Make a habit of drinking plenty of fluids minimum of 2 cups calorie free beverage each meal to avoid any problem.