Tighten Facial And Neck Muscles With Facial Yoga
Think there’s nothing you can do to reverse the effects of gravity on your face?
Well, think again because these yoga poses are specifically for tightening up your facial and neck muscles.
Find a comfortable seated position on the floor and sit with your back straight.
Do each pose 5 times.
Bonus: Do them in front of a mirror for a good laugh!
Lion Breathing – To clear chesty lungs.
- Inhale through the nose and raise your shoulders all the way up to the ears. Hold your breath for 10 counts.
- With palms on knees, bend your elbows and lean forward. While sticking out your tongue, exhale through the mouth to empty all the air from your lungs and stomach.
Side Whistle – To reduce double chin.
- Lower down your chin until it touches the chest. Purse your lips as if you are going to whistle.
- As you whistle in (inhale), move your chin towards your right shoulder. Whistle out (exhale) and move your chin back to step 1.
Pucker Up – To tighten smiling muscle.
- Inhale through your nose and squeeze your lips together as if a thread is tied around them. Hold your breath for as long as you can.
- Imagine yourself pulling the thread tied around your lips to the right. Exhale through the nose and move your lips towards your right ear.
Tongue Extension – To help tighten skin around the neck.
- Stick out your tongue and inhale deeply through your nose. Hold your breath as long as you can.
- While exhaling through the nose, point your tongue up towards the nose.
Neck Stretch – To give releif for neck muscle.
- Tilt your right ear as close as possible to your right shoulder.
- Extend your left arm without lifting your fingers off the floor. Stay in this position for 8 to 10 breaths. Repeat on the other side.
Facial Scrunch – Exercise all facial muscles.
- Close your eyes and widen the lips as much as possible. Inhale through the nose and hold your breath for 10 counts.
- As you exhale through the mouth, open your eyes as wide as possible. Hold for 10 counts.