Flu Food – What To Eat When You Are Sick

Flu Food
There are not only four seasons, as far as doctors are concerned. You also need to steel yourself for flu season as you would winter. Coming down with flu jeopardizes your work, business, social life, and healthy lifestyle.

Flu messes up your appetite least of all. You may have trouble eating due to a sore throat, for instance. Besides, what’s the point of eating when your taste buds are powerless against a congested nose?

Nevertheless, you must eat anything to rally your body against sickness. In no particular order, here are 10 food and drinks to consume if you have flu.

Vegetable Juice

Citrus juices are the most obvious choices when you have the flu. For a change, see yourself reach for vegetable juices. Drink one glass of veggie juice, preferably the variant low in sodium, and not only would you hydrate yourself but lap up some much-needed antioxidants. These nutrients are vital for your immune system during this trying time.

Chicken Soup

Chicken soup is a no-brainer in helping you get through not just the flu but many other ailments. But there is more scientific merit to chicken soup than you think. Scientists think chicken soup aids the cilia, the minute hair inside the nasal tunnels, in guarding you from viruses and microbes. Plus, chicken soup has been linked to anti-inflammatory action.

Toast

Food you ordinarily eat may assault your senses when you can’t even lift a finger for the fork. That is why food like toast are the most convenient when you’re suffering from flu. Besides, toast can readily complement chicken soup. Alternatively, you can try crackers; their crunchiness helps blunt your ravenousness either way.

FluGo – Homeopathic remedy to relieve influenza (flu) and cold symptoms such as cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat & fatigue

Popsicles

While you would probably think nothing about downing chicken soup or vegetable juice, it may sound counterintuitive to eat frozen popsicles at the height of flu. But eating popsicles that are not made mostly of sugar makes perfect sense. You can avail of popsicles made from fruit juice. They can alleviate sore, swollen throats and prevent dehydration, which only exacerbates flu symptoms.

Turkey Sandwich

For your protein, go for turkey sandwich. It is lean and satisfying. Drench it with cranberry sauce for added zest.

Garlic

Spice up your chicken soup and other food with garlic. Since it has immunity-boosting compounds and antimicrobial properties, garlic can be counted upon to effectively relieve congestion.

BaniFlu – Homeopathic remedy and flu vaccine alternative for all ages protects against the flu virus and germs

Ginger

Ginger is a trusty home medicine wrapped in fiber. No wonder it is often indicated for nausea and stomach ills. Research has even shown that it has anti-inflammatory properties.

Consume garlic ground or grated or mix it with your other food. Otherwise, you can always drink ginger ale.

Tea

Aside from ginger ale, hot tea can be relied upon to relieve you from flu’s symptoms. Whether green, black or oolong, tea is known to be loaded with antioxidants enough to combat viruses. The only tradeoff is that it is caffeinated, but you can always get decaf. For sore throat relief, drink lemon-infused tea with a spoon of honey. Breathe in its steam to relieve blocked passages.

Banana

Nutritionists recommend banana with rice, applesauce and toast (BRAT) first to patients convalescing from many conditions. They are the kinds of food that are not solid enough for easy digestion, but neither are they liquid. Whether mashed or whole, bananas are recommended not only when you have flu but also diarrhea and other digestive ailments.

Sinus Soothe – Homeopathic remedy to relieve symptoms of sinusitis, including sinus congestion, inflammation and pain, plus opens nasal passages

Meal Replacement Drinks

On the whole, rehydrating regularly when you have flu is essential as it reduces mucus production and lessens nasal congestion. In place of meals, consider taking zero-lactose, sugar-free drinks containing a minimum of 6g protein, as as NRGFuel. Such meal replacements come in many tasty flavors. In any case, they offer you the optimum amount of vitamins, minerals, calories and nutrients for the day.

28 Responses to Flu Food – What To Eat When You Are Sick

1. Great information is very useful for me, I ussually eat only a chicken soup but now I know that I have more options !!

2. mike says:

Chicken soup is regarded as a good natural food to help healing like flu.

3. Harry says:

Awesome tips. Put a couple of drops of Thieves Oil in that chicken soup and you’re good to go!!

4. kochen says:

Thank you for this helpful article, if I am sick I prefer Ginger and Ginger-Tea.

5. Abdo Selim says:

very good article , helped me , thank you again

6. buysstore says:

Nice Post and I appreciate your great Work …
    Thanks for sharing

7. Absolutely valuable information that you have written above that what to eat when anyone Sick . I am really impress with your suggestions. Quite helpful and valuable information of healthy lifestyle.Thank you for sharing.

8. bubu says:

I love having chicken soup in flu but not so sure about banana.

9. Great article. We should understand that it is not necessary for every cold, infection, and therefore to take antibiotics. Namely overuse of antibiotics has led to this broad resistance of microorganisms. We can do so much by simply eating properly. These options are wonderful if i may add only propolis to that group. It has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal activity. Also has anti-tumor and anticancer activity. Propolis is excellent medicine against oral infections. I will not point all of its properties,cause my comment will become an article itself :D.

10. Very Informative helped me how to manage your daily diet and leave healthy life. Thanks to share great article ever here.

11. Mona says:

Great tips! I will try them.
    & a good movie to go with

12. Panini says:

Make an upgrade from cold cuts or chicken sandwich to a Panini. Not only looks more appealing to the eyes because of its seared ribbed bread but more palatable to anyone with a flu.

13. obat kuat says:

14. Obat Kuat says:

I don’t want to eat rice anymore when I got flu, so I agree with this article

15. Obat Kuat says:

Really helpful article, thank you for this great information

16. VivaBiotics says:

Glad to see that this site works well on my Google phone , everything I want to do is functional. Thanks for keeping it up to date with the latest.

17. David Brown says:

I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.Nice surprise about this shorter blog. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

18. newsnext says:

great … thank you for this information.

19. johne brent says:

I am Paul homicide sign it homicide the house valuable like Tehama much all don’t hate like a of homicide time sign it moments like flight black a stats class critics Talk Talk see can say to start to clinch the trust me he won’t stop how I keep on throwing people how long until they topped with me goal like my pap key nobody’s taking Google call my with supply gaze at the stars well below mom Picasa see put it out should have came yeah gone quiet think all players but so I was just right I this is how I fan this is Jai my I pass how much man Paul tell hey like a Paul sign it homicide sign it sign home striking flight how much loll K of how sign it homicide sign it hi sky flight on okay Simpson its own so the I this go to I to miss me us to manage student account most possible to custody but what does to past stuff just in a whole lot to the sick when it was like when a fun job to this class only Acme analytical yeah its go good statistics to speech to text this good student at six months as possible to have passed the buck what does to taskmaster just enough to last to the circle at the high school level month compassionate second going to see what we’ve just got to come and gone yeah going to tell us the same as the problem here stand as a gift and that they must agree I’m in the view that the Iasi message best-in-class Gus us from the hustle goes bust convincing evidence much medical us to Christi Texas I this gusto to good to for to make political sulfide does mom it said welcome call first took a bath I could get.

20. muscles being trained during your workout muscle growth also result as the entire body is placed under stress and is forced to secrete higher levels of testosterone and growth hormone as an adaptive response this increase in anabolic hormone circulation resulting gains in muscle size and strength in all your body’s major muscle groups and there is no better way to produce this total body stress them through the use of hard heavy an intense light workouts if you haven’t been placing equal focus on your

21. energy meteorite hungry which is it free controls sugar levels and resistant of story so it on your feet so for me I no longer a 890 so far hi something every TV I to deny it s each other 8k and I feel Nazi assembly house in my County control and like you’re eating any less because this is going to be well summit Disneyland tell to tits your sewage into year this chess I Natural Max Garcinia lover not checking to the gym especially fat night yeah identity she and magic in the water and the kicking my PT I totally understand and I you it difficult for some guys totally its security teaching us I’ll yes it’s good to me atmosphere difference because CK SMS sure in this Jan and how to cook in a sec hand twelfth sheer and think sugar is Jess car d .

22. later I it showed that voice I when they start smoking around age 12 1314 right when sperm development is starting to occur that they can then have a profound effect on their kids measurable up to four generations later just because they started smoking at age12 13 or 14 much more so than if they started smoking at age 18 or 19 yeah villas that’s just a tiny little example what’s happening to our generation today we have to kill accumulation of organicpoly finals I pops it’s also why called these are organic pollutants I and ease policy Niles are just so toxic their found in our environment and they accumulate in our bodies we hold on two men are fast cells unfortunate when you become pregnant yes /.

23. jesus kizer says:

brain and your memory so make sure at least you know seven tontine hours is ideal about eight hours is probably the standard that I would say for most people try to get that eat hours a sleep per night helping you maintain your brain health and especially your memory listening to music now you know Improbably don’t have to convince a lot of people that listening to music is so powerful but they’ve actually Brainfire study that listening to music helps of course to with the different them brain waves and bring States to keep the brain functioning optimally again engaging the brain and those neurons having their blood supply go I had to the different parts of the brain when you listen to music so bad and engaging in musical activities as well as wonderful have actually found with children it helps what they’re learning and their attention span in the elderly help set the mood and also in all ages helping with learning language in retaining language so music is absolutely phenomenal for engaging the brain so make sure .

24. different stages or four we basically got cell have resulted from for me is it basically a C-plus is it was being fussy was we’ve got be much probably got 180 32 of 150 pushups that work out yet forever right I was important to and Awe still keep this a have or other you’re ready to go faster they let it go if you’re need all that second-and-goal and he says saw her beauty rest into a push-up that is an app for not bad you want to it like a little girl it at that number to five times get out that I wrote in 250 okay it took place I’ll work out as a really pro level work out we like to call good a good effort better than this about be the .

25. Scott Culp says:

became an email eliminate losing nearly bodyweight fall a clothing dimension a finish of more than extensive range of and one bodyweight I’ve had gone but nowadays which helped over , women all over the whole world from almost every walk of way of lifestyle over, pleased clients can’t be wrong yes more than , actual individuals have shown the preferred capital I execute we should be more motivating recommendations from awesome individuals like you individuals who had to reconsider a lot of with the exclusive cash coming returning throw away the falsehoods and look for the uncorrupted your it to some other soon right now you probably nervous to get began so get ready to power that key intern and your fat losing heating unit your fifteen minute Merkel not another possible that a wonderful new way

26. anamarry says:

point yeah actually you know I will call for a98 bodybuilders on I will not come that is exactly thisbut I recommended actually because you know you’re abeginner sometimes it can be tough to get in you know were the four days a week so Ithink that’s reasonable now lost your login emails all the time knin change this tochange that we will you can change a lot of stufffor liberalization with the power purchase

27. takenthree says:

body number five you don’t have any easy to follow step-by-step plan of action for losing weight this is a big one that plagued many of my clients until they finally came to me for help there is so much contradictory and misguided information out there it’s no wonder why so many people struggle with their weight if you ask ten different fitness experts what the best way to lose weight is your bound to get completely different answers whose right whose wrong how do we know you see the true secret to losing a lot of body fat really fast are out there it’s just that most of the information is fragmented and

28. Eni Wol says:

Partner who is connected to about technology company we have control the product from proceed to the biomass in product we drive the price down we have exclusive resort at work people not going to of so we got to go out there do things that nobody else has done so Wesley do program partners damn point I would make this a more compelling opportunity because it that things are exploding here and things .