Help For Vaginal Dryness in Women
Research has shown that most women at the age of 40 to 59 experiences vaginal dryness. This is often due to the premenopausal and postmenopausal period of women. Other contributing factors of vaginal dryness are pregnancy, breastfeeding, and high levels of stress.
Lubrication during sexual intercourse is very important. With less lubrication, having sexual intercourse would be painful and uncomfortable to women. This is one of the reasons for sexual dysfunction in women. Libido levels of women decreases because of avoidance to have sexual intercourse with the partner. Relationship problems will also occur due to lack of sex and decreased sexual desire to the partner.
Signs and symptoms of vaginal dryness include itching, burning sensation, urgency to urinate, pain and minimal bleeding during sex.
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?
Many factors such as the use of condoms, tampons, diaphragm, medications, soaps that can dry skin and underlying medical conditions can lead to vaginal dryness.
Decreased estrogen levels is the most common cause for vaginal dryness. Low levels of estrogen can cause the wall to thin and dry out. Menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth, radiation therapy, hormonal contraceptives, stress, and smoking should be given considerations for decreased estrogen levels.
Vaginal dryness can be a symptom of a medical condition such as Sjogren’s disease. It’s a disease that causes dryness in the mouth, eyes, and other body parts that produce secretions.
Low libido levels and lack of interest for sexual intercourse can be a cause of relationship issues with your partner. Communication with your partner is highly recommended.
Diagnosis of vaginal dryness can be determined by a pelvic exam, laboratory test for urine and vaginal discharges.
How to Relieve Vaginal Dryness
There are many treatments available to soothe vaginal dryness in women. It is important to sustain a healthy lifestyle by promoting a balanced hormonal health. Taking of natural remedies like herbal supplements can be beneficial. Black Cohosh, Wild yam, and isoflavones are some of the best herbal remedies to provide comfort for vaginal dryness. We recommend:
- HerSolutionGel – Pure natural botanical ingredient instant arousal gel formulated to support healthy lubrication, and give warm, tingling engorged sensations you crave to help achieve maximum pleasure
- VagiSoothe – Homeopathic medicine for vaginal itching, burning and discomfort
- VagiClear – Homeopathic medicine for symptoms such as vaginal odor, itching and discharge
- Dong Quai – Promotes hormonal balance and helps keep estrogen and progesterone levels within the normal range
Here are some tips to comfort vaginal dryness:
- Use a feminine wash and prevent using scented body soaps. Feminine wash is better because the pH is balanced appropriate for your vagina. Some soap can cause dryness and skin irritation.
- Avoid using scented products because this may cause skin irritation.
- Rehydrate your body by drinking plenty of water. As much as possible, you need to drink eight glasses of water a day.
- Frequent sexual intercourse increases lubrication in the vagina. Talk to your partner about your condition so that both of you can work it out together. Express sex positions which may be comfortable for you.
- Intimate relationship by massaging and touching can boost sexual desires.
- The fabric of your underwear should be made in cotton.
- Eat a balanced diet by moderate intake of cholesterol. Cholesterol helps in the increase of estrogen levels in the body.
- Use lubricants during sex. Lubricants will help hydrate your vagina giving relief to vaginal dryness.