Natural Beauty Tips For 50 Plus Women
A few fine lines here or a patch of gray there need not be a source of worry for women on the other side of 50, since with the advent of advanced skin and hair rejuvenating products or modern non-surgical facial treatments, aging no longer can be associated with loss of glamor or beauty.
Impact of Age on Our Skin and Hair
There are several factors like exposure to sun, diet, smoking, heredity, stress, gravity or obesity, the effects of which gets reflected on our skin with advancing age. Also, with aging, the natural capacity of the skin to replace old or worn out cells decreases significantly, making it prone to dryness and loose its elasticity.
The same takes place to the hair pigment cells from which hair derives its natural color, since with aging, the cells looses its ability to renew themselves as efficiently as it used to, imparting a gray color to the hair.
8 Beauty Tips to Enhance Your Skin Naturally
Presented here are some simple tips that you can use effectively to make your skin look soft and healthy.
- Scientists have established a direct link between premature aging of your skin and smoking. So if you are into smoking, get rid of it.
- Stay away from sunbathing and tanning salons. Avoid the hot midday sun, preferably from 10 am to 4 pm, as the sun’s rays are strongest during this time, if you do not wish to end up with freckles, age spots or blotchy complexion on your skin. And if you still have to be outside during this time, ensure you have enough protective measure taken, like a protective hat, log sleeved shirt or sunglasses.
- Use sunscreen regularly, especially those which provide both UVB and UVA protection and with SPF that is higher than 15. Too much of unprotected exposure to the sun results in the formation of fine wrinkles and uneven skin tone, a phenomenon termed as ‘photoaging.’
- Be aware of skin cancer, and if you notice anything unusual about your skin, seek medical advice immediately. This applies more for older and fair skinned people who are at a greater risk than anybody else.
- Use a humidifier like moisturizing soaps or lotions to keep your skin soft and smooth and see your doctor if its otherwise.
- Maintain a healthy food habit and see to it that you drink lots of water. This will ensure your skin is hydrated from inside out.
- There are several anti aging products in the form of lotions and creams available off the shelf which, women above 50 can make the best use of for revitalizing their skin. Among these, products laced with pentapeptides that promote the development of collagen, the support structure that is responsible for giving a firm look to the skin, can be used for best results. There’s also the option of prescription treatments and retinoid creams that you can make the best use of.
- There is a range of skin treatments available that can impart a youthful look to the skin. This includes botox injections to get rid of wrinkles from the upper third of the face, chemical peeling methods for erasing fine lines especially around the eyes and mouth or wrinkle fillers to plump up the skin. Another method to remove ultra fine lines, rejuvenate skin complexion and improve skin color and tone is microdermabrasion. Intense Pulse Light is still another method that allows doctors to take care of skin that may have been damaged by the sun, scars and other facial problems.
4 Beauty Tips to Healthy Natural Hair
Though a permanent cure for gray hair is still to be found, a colorist can still do an excellent job in getting rid of all your gray hair. Women over 50 will find the following tips useful to bring out their inherent beauty, though there’s nothing more beautiful than going gray naturally.
- A few strands of color painted hair can be great to subtly hide gray hairs, more so if the natural hair color is light.
- Another way to get rid of your gray hair is to go for a solid and darker shade. This may be the perfect solution to take care of your gray hairs, but only for the duration of six to eight weeks as the color grows out by this time. So if you don’t mind traveling to the salon every six to eight weeks, this method is great.
- You can also try out a new hairstyle, which again should be a reflection of your personal preferences. Also, turning 50 should not mean it’s time to cut your hair short, since long hair has a beauty of its own, irrespective of what the age is.
- To take care of your thinning hair, go for a shorter cut as this leads to an increase in volume. Coloring your hair is another option to provide volume to fine limp, hair. Use of the right product can also be of help, like a volumizing shampoo. Another way to tackle the problem of thinning hair is to go for hair extension.
However, the best natural beauty tip can be to invoke it from within, as inherent beauty is the best form of beauty. And a radiant smile on the face can be the best reflection of internal beauty. Also, this may mean going for the right products or treatments as the case may be. And at the end of it all, taking proper care of yourself can be the best natural beauty tip that you can benefit from.