Healthy Ways To Prevent Hair Loss

Hair LossIt is interesting to note that many are unaware of the hair growth process and was taken for granted. At some point we took months to decide for our next haircut due to the microscopic and imperceptible occurrence of the hair growth process. Did you know that humans have more hair per follicles compared to chimps and gorillas?

Hair follicle is a small pouch-like structure below the skin. Each hair grows from its own individual hair follicle. The keratinized, hardened tissue that grows from the follicle is the hair shaft. It is what we see and brush daily.

Hair grows differently in each person depending on several factors such as age, weight, metabolism, hormones, ethnicity, medication and others. Hair can grow on the scalp, eyebrows, legs, backs, underarms, and genital areas. These are the thicker, fully pigmented hair which most people consider as ‘real hair’.

Phases Of Hair Growth

1. The anagen phase is the first active growth. It lasts several years and it is in this phase that 85% of our body hair has plenty of melanin the natural substance that gives color to the hair.
  2. The regressive phase is the second phase in the hair growth process. It is also known as the catagen phase. The hair will stop growing as this phase but the hair will not shed. This process last on an average two weeks and 3-4% of our body hair is in this phase at any given time.
  3. The last phase or the telogen phase lasts 5-6 weeks. This is the resting phase in which the hair will shed out of the follicle and a new hair will grow. At any one time, 10-13% of our body hair is in this last phase. As we grow older and aged, we will begin to experience the process of hair loss.

Ways To Prevent Hair Loss

There are so many ways we can do to promote the strength and vitality of our hair.

• Quit smoking. Smoking has been found to be part of the culprit to hair loss according to scientists who have found a connection between these two.
  • Remember to comb through the wet hair gently with a comb instead of a brush. If working through hair-knots, make sure that you start from the outer tip and work towards the top of the knot. To put less pressure on the hair shaft, towel-dry excess water before combing off. Harsh hair chemicals or heat from hair dryers or heated rollers should also be avoided.
  • Fabric covered elastics should be used to tie up the hair for women who sleeps with their hair tied up. This is due to plain elastic hair bands have the possibility to cause hair breakage and add structural stress to the hair follicle. Hair should be tied up loosely as hair loss can also be caused by the tightness of the style.
  • Another good idea is to wear a hat to protect your hair from the sun’s heat.
  • Promote a healthy strong hair is to nourish one’s diet with lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables. An adequate supply of Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex, Zinc and Copper are also needed to promote healthy growth but not too much.

With our current lifestyle, it is common to say that today’s diet is filled with fast food including excess sugar and fat making essential nutrients and vitamins are not coming to our body naturally. Thus, the consumptions of these dietary supplements are a must for a challenged hair.

Hair Loss Treatment

Natural hair loss treatment is the best and effective way to combat thinning hair. These therapies are incorporating natural supplements to provide your hair with the right amount of nutrients to promote the strength and vitality of your hair and prevent hair loss.

Recommended Natural Hair Loss Treatment

• Rate #1Har Vokse – Dual Action Hair Re-growth Solution that arrests and prevents hair loss and promotes hair regrowth in men and women. Ingredients includes Marine Polysaccharides, Centelle Asiatica, Zinc Gluconate, Green Coffee bean extract, Green tea extract, Grape seed extract, Vitamin B Complex and amino acids.

Play this simple guessing game and you can win 6 months supply of Har Vokse!

• Rate #2Provillus – Natural supplement to prevent hair loss and regrow lost hair fast. Ingredients include Vitamin B6, Biotin, Magnesium, Zinc, Saw Palmetto, Nettle root, Pumpkin, Eleuthero, Uva-Ursi and Muria Puama.
  • Rate #3ReGrow Plus – 100% natural herbal remedy to discourage common age related hair loss and support healthy circulation to hair follicles, hair roots & nail beds. Ingredients include Gingko biloba, Rosmarinus officinale, Xanthoxylum clavaherculis, Equisetum arvense, Achillea millifolium, Avena sativa and Echinacea purpurea

You may also like...

13 Responses

1. CindyM says:

Great article. While most hair loss is due to heredity or illness there are things we can do in our everyday hair routine that can help us avoid excess hair loss.

Another way, especially for the ladies, is to be careful how many chemical process and heated styling tools you use on your hair. Perms and colors done in excess can cause dryness and breakage and too much use of the flat iron or curling iron can do the same thing.

2. sharon says:

I am a 16 year old male teen, the hair on the top of my head has been thinning since age 9-10, and i fear that the stage will come that i will not have hair on the top of my head by the coming year. My self confidence is getting down day by day. I just cant able to go outside without my hair cap. I have tried many hair products, taken many treatments but not get the good results..One of my friend just suggest me to try IHT-9, the herbal hair regrowth shampoo. I had told him that i have tried many products but not get the results…then my friend said that lets try one more. Then i agree. After using it, within weeks my hair starts regrowing and it goes on…I just cant believe this..its really a magic for me..now i dont wear my cap and i have more friends now. It gives my self confidence back..Its a true herbal hair shampoo..

3. barbara says:

Wow! What a shampoo! I have been using it since few months and beleive me …it workes, atleast it has worked for me. I had done my research over Internet for Iht9 herbal hair shampoo, before I ordered my first order. Let me tell you that all the herbal ingredients used in this shampoo are actually ayurvedic medicines and are established for their hair care properties. I’ll recommend it to all folks facing hair loss. Excellent Shampoo!!! .Get 10% Discount. Enter 7DSVEJ when you make a purchase!

4. I also think regular massages which get the blood flow into the hair up and ready is vitally important. This can be done in many ways, you can take a bit of a longer time washing your hair with warm water or even use one of those electro-orgamatrons on your scalp to stimulate blood flow.

5. Hair Loss says:

Hair loss solutions:Most users are initially unconvinced of the hair loss solutions claim made by its manufacturer. We at Positive Trends Inc. believe skepticism about hair loss treatments make for an informed buyer. They have a choice of hundreds of hair loss and hair loss products that claim all sorts of wonderful results. But once they use Saini Herbal Scalp & Hair Conditioner® and make the commitment to consistently use it, there is no turning back hair loss will become a thing of past

6. mrhrloss says:

Wow. Nice information you have here.
    In my opinion, for a healthy, natural, inexpensive way to experience hair re-growth, put aside potentially dangerous synthesized medications. Instead, focus on the natural, anciently-used herbs for the healthiest and the best hair loss treatment.

7. mrhrloss says:

Nice information you have here.
    In my opinion, for a healthy, natural, inexpensive way to experience hair re-growth focus on the natural, anciently-used herbs for the healthiest and the best hair loss treatment.

8. There are many popular hair loss products on the market today, and more choices are available as more consumers are looking for products which prevent or reverse the effects of hair loss.

9. John says:

It is interesting to note that if we stop smoking hair loss will stop. Thanks for sharing many useful points to maintain the hair and stop hair loss. To compliment more let me share 2 points here. Utilizing the laser technology there is a handy product available in the market in the name of ‘Hair Max Laser Comb’, the users feedback on the product is much interesting and seems reliable. I am using a natural solution to prevent my hair loss, ‘Hair Genesis’ this product pack contains 3 items, a gel, serum and a shampoo. I am using it for the past 3 month and personally I feel that my hair loss is stopped and I can see new hair growth on my head.

10. Bryan says:

Thanks for this article! Shampoos also affect hair loss, so find products that are with good quality. Bald hair is disgusting to look at so better prevent or cure it.

11. karthick says:

Hair fall is usual problem in all genders……proper treatment to hair fall can avoid it on time….
    simple tip is that having stress-less life and good sleep. hormonal problems can also be rectified….

12. Sena says:

its funny how people are leaving comments like “i lost all my hair and i started using this product and now all my hair is growing back” If this is true then tell us the product dont try to promote it to sell it tell us what product you are using give us a name. I Get that you are probably working for a hair product company but be real about it

1. May 27, 2008