Healthy Ways To Prevent Hair Loss
It is interesting to note that many are unaware of the hair growth process and was taken for granted. At some point we took months to decide for our next haircut due to the microscopic and imperceptible occurrence of the hair growth process. Did you know that humans have more hair per follicles compared to chimps and gorillas?
Hair follicle is a small pouch-like structure below the skin. Each hair grows from its own individual hair follicle. The keratinized, hardened tissue that grows from the follicle is the hair shaft. It is what we see and brush daily.
Hair grows differently in each person depending on several factors such as age, weight, metabolism, hormones, ethnicity, medication and others. Hair can grow on the scalp, eyebrows, legs, backs, underarms, and genital areas. These are the thicker, fully pigmented hair which most people consider as ‘real hair’.
Phases Of Hair Growth
- The anagen phase is the first active growth. It lasts several years and it is in this phase that 85% of our body hair has plenty of melanin the natural substance that gives color to the hair.
- The regressive phase is the second phase in the hair growth process. It is also known as the catagen phase. The hair will stop growing as this phase but the hair will not shed. This process last on an average two weeks and 3-4% of our body hair is in this phase at any given time.
- The last phase or the telogen phase lasts 5-6 weeks. This is the resting phase in which the hair will shed out of the follicle and a new hair will grow. At any one time, 10-13% of our body hair is in this last phase. As we grow older and aged, we will begin to experience the process of hair loss.
Ways To Prevent Hair Loss
There are so many ways we can do to promote the strength and vitality of our hair.
- Quit smoking. Smoking has been found to be part of the culprit to hair loss according to scientists who have found a connection between these two.
- Remember to comb through the wet hair gently with a comb instead of a brush. If working through hair-knots, make sure that you start from the outer tip and work towards the top of the knot. To put less pressure on the hair shaft, towel-dry excess water before combing off. Harsh hair chemicals or heat from hair dryers or heated rollers should also be avoided.
- Fabric covered elastics should be used to tie up the hair for women who sleeps with their hair tied up. This is due to plain elastic hair bands have the possibility to cause hair breakage and add structural stress to the hair follicle. Hair should be tied up loosely as hair loss can also be caused by the tightness of the style.
- Another good idea is to wear a hat to protect your hair from the sun’s heat.
- Promote a healthy strong hair is to nourish one’s diet with lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables. An adequate supply of Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex, Zinc and Copper are also needed to promote healthy growth but not too much.
With our current lifestyle, it is common to say that today’s diet is filled with fast food including excess sugar and fat making essential nutrients and vitamins are not coming to our body naturally. Thus, the consumptions of these dietary supplements are a must for a challenged hair.
Hair Loss Treatment
Natural hair loss treatment is the best and effective way to combat thinning hair. These therapies are incorporating natural supplements to provide your hair with the right amount of nutrients to promote the strength and vitality of your hair and prevent hair loss.
Recommended Natural Hair Loss Treatment
- Rate #1 – Har Vokse – Dual Action Hair Re-growth Solution that arrests and prevents hair loss and promotes hair regrowth in men and women. Ingredients includes Marine Polysaccharides, Centelle Asiatica, Zinc Gluconate, Green Coffee bean extract, Green tea extract, Grape seed extract, Vitamin B Complex and amino acids.